We aim to prevent problems from occurring rather than to restore after the problem has occurred.
Following recent changes in legislation,
- You can now book to see the hygienist without having to see the dentist first. Seeing our hygienist only is not a substitute for a dental check-up!
- Our hygiene treatment costs £59 for a 30 min session for adults and children >12 years of age.
- £35 for children<12 years of age.
- For advanced stain removal (smoking/ excessive tea/coffee, wine) there is additional £40 charge.
How often should I see the hygienist?
This varies according to you – your level of oral hygiene, your genetic susceptibility to decay or gum disease and any other habits you may have.
As a general rule, studies show that the optimal intervals are:
- 6 Monthly – if you have perfect, un-restored, un-crowded dentition with no susceptibility to gum disease
- 4 Monthly– if your mouth has fillings or crowns or a history of any dental disease
- 2-3 Monthly – if you show high susceptibility due to dental disease. This could be due to; your dental history, genetics, dry mouth, pregnancy, braces, crowns or bridges, dentures or implants.
Should my child see the hygienist?
In preparation of the secondary (permanent/ adult) teeth, children should see a hygienist from the age of 6 to remove any harmful plaque and tartar, and to reinforce the correct brushing techniques.
Many children can be nervous about going to the dentist and have a greater susceptibility to dental decay and inflamed gums.
Diet and habit breaking advice will also be provided.
The correct interval for children is between 4-6 months, or 3 monthly if they are wearing a brace.
By providing good habits from a young age aids in having a problem free mouth in the future.
Call Vistara Smiles on 0203 581 7270 to book your appointment.
Saturday appointments available.